Thursday, February 3, 2011

I didn't get very remote into the article despite (that);):)

I didn't get singularly far into the article though;):)



I wrote a story, rate it and be honest.....?

I've written the first little part of the first chapter and I'm really interested in it.I'll give you a little summary about what it's about and what I'm aiming for.16 year old William Weiss is the perfect example of a lazy teenager. He's never really tried hard at anything ever. One day while studying for final exams and looking for a pencil in his mother's home office he stumbles across a little beaten up book that turns out to be his father's journal. William never met his father and his mom always kept quiet about his dad.William reads the first few pages of the book and realizes that it's pages of his father's last written words and a guide to finding the Jewel of the American Coast which in his mind is a priceless rock of some sort. He sees that his father was some sort of treasure hunter and something went wrong. His mom tells him that she and his dad use to go all around the world looking for treasure but almost every time they ended up empty handed and that it was taking a toll on their marriage. He is convinced his father is still alive and out there somewhere because of the things written in the journal.William who goes to Florida for vacation ever summer anyway decides it would be a fun little thing to do that summer. When things turn more serious and dangerous with a large corporation wanting the jewel too (and will go to any length to have it) William realizes that life isn't all fun and games that he might have bitten off more than he can chew.William is accompanied by his insanely brainy best friend David (who later has thoughts of betraying William after they get their hands on the stone) and a girl named Kathleen from their school he use to be oblivious too and meets up with in Florida (they start to develop feelings for each other).If I get this finished I'm thinking about turning it into a series of books about William wanting to find his dad, ending up doing something totally different and a growing relationship between William and Kathleen and a breaking bond between William and David.Do you like it? I would love if you guys had any ideas for the book or any things I should change etc.That was a pretty crappy summary of what's going on but that's the best I could do before my morning coffee lol.The working tenure bepresenting the book is Beyond Knowing and it's directed at teens around the lifetime of

No comments: