Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Is it me?..is this coffee nerve? also..starbucks ain't...

Is it me?..is this coffee arrogance ?also..starbucks ain't all that..is it? grandma had this weird coffee kitty with enjoy two big balls on zenith of each more..was this for perk?its the darn inserts that get-up Slang glad rags elsewhere..



is it all in my mind?

My name is Durgesh Kumar Srivastava (first name Durgesh, shortened to DK).I am a gentleman from New Delhi, India I retired as Reader in Commerce and Management from a University college very recently and am convalescing at home after a triple bypass heart surgery in August, 2010. I am married. Our two sons are grown up, independently well settled and have their own famiies. We have three grandsons aged 15 13 and 7. We have no pets although I love animals..I always had a variety of interests - movies TV, music, sports travel, literature, creative writing mountaineering and trekking and playing with children, gossiping constructively and problem solving. Now that I am mostly confined to my home, I pass my time in creative writing (blogs, tweets and emails to friends), playing with my youngest grandson and his friends, gossiping with friends, e-palling, arm-chair travel, day-dreaming, doing nothing and (please don't laugh) seeing the world go by. Some of my blogs have been published on the Internet. English not being my first language, My first language is Hindi. I make all sorts of mistakes in writing in English. Please bear with me. I am still unable to fully follow rapidly spoken English as in Hollywood films. I am a good listener and listen patiently and attentively to what you have to say or write. I am never bored by your story howsoever long. I am also very discreet and what you tell me will always remain a secret with me. I use courteous and respectful language with one and all..I also have a good memory for things past. These I narrate in the many anecdotes that I write about my life. I have an attitude of forgive and forget. This enables me to be at peace with others and with myself. My friends say that they get a great feeling of peace and relaxation in simply being in my company.This is a gift of God and my loving parents. I was born and brought up at Allahabad in North Central India on 22nd Feb, 1943. Many of my memories relate to my early years in a small locality of my home town where everyone knew everyone else. We were poor but our life was quite rich This richness lay in relationships. We had quite a large family. We used to have a large number of visitors and house guests.

No comments: